We made this dish of yumminess this morning and fell head over heals in love with it!
For now my children have to be dairy free so I wanted to make a frittata type dish with out those fancy dairy products. It also works well for me right now as I need to pull back on my fats and focus on those lovely Pure Deep S meals. (Not sure what a Deep S is? See more at Trim Healthy Mama.com)
Here you all go:
- 1 head broccoli, cut and diced into florets
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 12 organic free range eggs
- Snipped fresh chives
- In 10” (or larger) skillet gently sauté veggies in ghee till broccoli is bright green and onions and peppers are slightly soft, lightly salt.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, place ghee in 9x13 in. pyrex to melt.
- Meanwhile, crack eggs in bowl and scramble gently, add salt to taste and snip fresh chives to your liking. (About 2-3 tablespoons)
- When ghee is melted, add veggies to pyrex dish, and add egg mixture.
- Cook till bubbly and cooked through, about 30 minutes, with knife inserted in the center coming out clean.
Alternate Cooking Option: You may complete the cooking process in the skillet if you use a 12” cast iron. Just add the eggs to the top of the veggies when they are softened and move the skillet to the oven. A one dish breakfast!
For more Trim Healthy Mama recipes go on over toGwen’s Nest to find amazing recipes.