This was an amazing accident. I just love those!
I super love creating in the kitchen… it is my outlet. Just ask anyone who has known me for very long.
I have been missing the creamy texture of oatmeal. I have tried many recipes out there, and thus far none have come up to my level palate pleasure.
So I was making Coconut Macaroon Muffin in a Mug, with all my twists, and this is what I got, completely different from what she makes but complete loveliness!
So when I whipped this up I was in raptures of pleasure, Seriously!
Let’s just get to it:
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs water
- 1/4-1/3 cup mixed frozen berries
- a few shakes of stevia
- pinch of sea salt
- dash of vanilla
- 1/16-1/8 of baking soda
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground flax
- Method 1:
- My favorite method is stove top. This is best done in larger batches. Just up the quantities for the amount of people you will serve.
- Add everything but the egg into a nice sized pot.
- Add a little more water or coconut milk to keep food from sticking and stir well.
- Place on the stove top with the lid on.
- Cooking time will vary, when well heated, add the egg(s) till just heated through and set.
- Method 2:
- Now this is not my favorite method but it works in a pinch.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large cereal type bowl, and microwave (ahhh!) for two minutes.
- It looks a bit weird when it's done. Take it out and swirl it all around. A perfect "oatmeal" consistency with the creamy texture and all.
**Egg Free Option: You may or may not use the egg.
This version is adapted to feed 6 and I only used 4 eggs. We do it for nutritional value as well as consistency.
You may drizzle a little coconut milk on top, add some cinnamon. Just get crazy!
So worth every bite 🙂 Enjoy!
For you Trim Healthy Mama’s out there… this is a wonderful, quick, metabolism boosting S.
Remember to visit Gwen at Gwen’s Nest and Stacy at Stacy Makes Cents for more Trim Healthy Recipe’s and fun… Or to buy the book, visit the Trim Healthy Mama website for fastest shipping!
This is ALSO linked-up to Wellness Wednesday’s! What a wonderfully informative blog! Go on over and visit often 🙂
** Update June 11, 2013: I had no idea that there was a similar recipe in the book. I hope I haven’t seemed to tweak theirs and call it mine! The story is as above. Thank you Stacy for pointing that out! Although my recipe is different. You can find THM Coconut Porridge on page 232. Being grain free, I have not looked in the book for breakfast ideas as I thought that there was only eggs and grain recipes. You all need to look 🙂 **