I love entertaining my taste buds. I love, love, love Strawberry Rhubarb anything. Finding a grain free recipe was not been an easy feat, so what’s a girl to do?
Make it up as I go. Like I always do.
With that said, we now have a new family favorite. This works for breakfast (that’s what we did today), brunch, lunch dessert, afternoon snack, and after dinner dessert. Who can pass that up?
- 3 cups diced rhubarb (about 6-8 stalks for me)
- 3 lbs. strawberries (1/2 sliced and halved, half the rest....I like the texture variation)
- stevia about 1/8 tsp. and a half of 1/8 tsp. (or apprx. 1/4 cup truvia, swerve or xylitol)
- 4 tbs. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbs. chia seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbs. coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 heaping tbs coconut oil
- about 1/8 tsp stevia or to taste (or apprx. 1/4 cup truvia, swerve, or xylitol)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup water (less or more depending)
- zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Place butter in 9x13 inch. pyrex, placing in cool oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- When butter is melted, toss in the diced rhubarb.
- Meanwhile, mix strawberries with vanilla, stevia, and lemon juice.
- When rhubarb is sizzling, add in strawberry mixture.
- Bake about 5 minutes, just enough to let the strawberry juices release, stir.
- While the strawberries are cooking, mix the topping together.
- First, rub any coconut flour between your fingers to remove any lumps.
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the water, and whisk well.
- Mix in water a little at a time to get the consistency you see in the picture. If you'd like a more lumpy biscuit then use less water.
- *If using chia seeds to thicken the filling, add at this time stirring thoroughly.
- Place topping over the filing in even portions, making 12 biscuits.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Check at 20 minutes and pull out when nicely browned on top.
And here is the final product. Again, I like it a little juicy, not dry. Just like a cobbler should be.
I mentioned up top that you can have this as a breakfast or snack. To be on plan for THM, you’ll want to add some greek yogurt for a complete breakfast or side of eggs. You could also have a protein smoothie. I added homemade raw goats milk yogurt.
Truly this is fantastic!
For Trim Healthy Mama this is an S.