I love cooking. What I love even more, is cooking amazing meals in a jiffy. Any stir fry usually fits that bill and this THM style Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is no different.
A “jiffy” means a simple and fabulous meal, ready to serve in 30 minutes start to finish. That’s what I’m talking about.
- 1/2 cup broth or water
- 3 tbs. coconut amino's or Bragg's liquid amino's (more to taste if you so desire)
- optional 1 tbs. Asian chili-garlic sauce (plan approved brands for THM)
- 2 tbs. red palm oil (or other)
- 1/4 - 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. steak (choice of flank, sirloin, etc.) sliced very thin against the grain
- 1 pound or more broccoli florets, remove thick stems and break into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper sliced and cut into 1 inch peices
- 1 carrot peeled, sliced thinly into 1/4 or less rounds
- 1 -2 tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- optional glucommanan powder
- Combine the broth, amino's, chili flakes into bowl and optional chili-garlic sauce; set aside.
- Heatabout 2 tsp. of oil in skillet on medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Stir fry the meat in batches for about 2-3 minutes per side stirring as you cook. Add more oil as needed. It is very important to do batches as it will toughen up the meat if you accidentally stew it.
- Add remaining oil and veggies, cook and stir occasionally, keeping it covered when not stirring. We like ours crisp tender that takes about 5 minutes.
- Add desired amount of ginger and garlic.
- Cook until fragrant stirring so garlic doesn't burn.
- Add sauce to mixture, accumulated beef juices and some optional glucommanan powder if using. Simmer until sauce is thick, 3-5 minutes.
- Add beef and stir to coat well.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is so quick and easy. I often switch up the veggies to add any low-carb ones that I have around such as green onion, celery, spinach, cabbage, bok choy or green beans!
If you’re family is not in a place where they need to watch they’re waist lines and can handle grains, this is great over brown rice or quinoa. You can also use konjac noodles for Trim Healthy Mama. For THM this is an S meal.
Linked up with Gwen’s-Nest for Trim Healthy Tuesday’s