Salmon is a staple in this house. It has been ever since we got married. My husband fell in love with my mother’s Baked Salmon and I continued to tweak it to make it ours.
Next we fell in love with Salmon patties from the first cook book I ever owned . A beloved and well used cook book, a gift from our wedding day.
Then Trim Healthy Mama brightened our lives with the fact that we can and should have Salmon on a very regular basis. The amount of wonderful Salmon recipes in that book is astounding! They are simple too! I love every recipe that I have tried so far. Talk about a quick lunch, who knew that Salmon could be one?
One day as I was pondering what to make, I though of my sons paprika chicken and how it was like a blackened chicken. Very yummy it was. So, why not make that same thing but with Salmon instead??
SCORE! A super easy and satisfying new Salmon dinner or lunch.
- For us 6-8 Salmon filets, skin on
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- Take thawed Salmon filets and dry well with paper towels.
- Heat large skillet on medium-high heat with you oil of choice. I like red palm oil for this.
- Sprinkle evenly all seasonings, starting with one and kind of layering them.
- Press the seasonings into the meat.
- Place seasoning side down in the skillet.
- Cook until nicely blackened and the Salmon easily lifts up.
- Flip and finish cooking about 3-5 minutes per side.
That easy! Serve it with lemon wedges if you like, or as is. I love to serve my Salmon with buttered broccoli. It’s like a family tradition around here 🙂