I think you have heard me go on about all things pumpkin before, so I won’t bore you with my feelings on pumpkin again.
I do know that many people don’t like it… and that the world wide web is crazy (or not so) about pumpkin at this moment. I am not posting to partake in the craze… I am posting this because it is not a seasonal treat for us.
We eat it all the time! Really, we do.
Nuf’ said. Here’s the recipe….
- 1 large can of Libby's Pumpkin puree 29 ounces (nothing but pumpkin, read labels)or homemade pumpkin puree (which would be about 3 and 2/3 or 3/4 cups)
- chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- Dice onions and heat butter in 4 qt. (or larger) pan.
- Saute the onions until translucent, stirring occasionally to keep from burning. I cover the pan with a lid to speed the process.
- Add all ingredients except the broth. Stir well.
- Then add the broth to the the consistency you desire. I typically add at least 1 qt. of broth.
- Cook for about 15 minutes for all the flavors to meld together.
- Serve with a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream.
I use little salt in this as I tend to like more than my family, so I add more to mine at the table.