I love mustard! I know that not everybody does. But if you like a tangy slightly spicy bit of flavor you may want to try this. You can mellow any flavor down with butter… that is if you find the flavors offending, which I highly doubt you will!
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted (or if you prefer salted that is fine too), softened
- 3 tb . spicy or dijon mustard
- 3 tbs. fresh minced thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt and pepper
- about 12 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 6 chicken breasts (use bone in, skin on or boneless-skinless)
- 3 pounds green beans frozen or fresh (if using fresh, trim and cut and use 1/4 cup water to cook)
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine butter, mustard, thyme, garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper in bowl.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons of the mixture to a second bowl and combine with stevia, reserve.
- **If using Boneless, skinless chicken breasts... skip the following step**
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels (key!) and rub with unsweetened butter mixture.
- Cook in a large skillet, just one side, on medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes.
- If using bone-in, skin-on, place the skin side down in the pan.
- In a 9 X 13 baking dish, or large enough to fit 6 breasts, place the chicken; skin side up if using skin on.
- Cook until breast reach 160 degrees when checked with thermometer or till the juices run clear, about 10-20 minutes depending on what you used.
- Meanwhile, stir fry frozen green beans until they have no more liquid and add the reserved butter sauce, stir occasionally.
- Cook until beans are tender, add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve with the Chicken and a salad for a wonderful healthy meal!
This was adapted slightly from Cook’s Country Dec/Jan 2012
Linked-up to Gwen’s-Nest