The recipe is finally here! I am sorry it took so long. Promises, promises right? Well you know that life happens and happen it did. In a rush and whirlwind we up and moved out of our home of 8 years to a new to us town 5 and 1/2 hours away. Top that off with illness from stress and the busyness of the Holiday Season and you might realize just why this took so long?
I spent yesterday morning finally placing the ingredients in the Crock-Pot about 9:20 am. Approximately 11 hours later we had our Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk (see the original recipe here). Yes, it took that long.
At this point I cannot guarantee that it will take you that long. Altitude, crock-pot size, brand of crock-pot, and many more variances can contribute to how this will work for you. For now, suffice it to say, my plan would be to use my 4 hour stove-top version, if I am staying home. I would use this recipe again for certain if I had a lot to do through out the day and might be in and out of the house. That is about the only time I can be that patient! 🙂
Some Tips before the Recipe:
- I used my Hamilton Beach brand 4.5 qt. size crock-pot
- It cooks a little more hot than others I have used
- It can burn if you don’t grease the sides with butter
- You need to get it up to a simmer with the lid on FIRST
- After getting it to simmer, turn the lid ajar on the pot so that it can evaporate
If you follow the above tips it will work well for you. Here’s the printable recipe:
- 4 - 13.5 oz. cans of coconut milk (I used 2 full fat and 2 light to cut calories)
- 8 tablespoons of Truvia, if using THM Sweet Blend use less
- Place the ingredients in the crock-pot.
- Place the lid on the crock-pot turning the temperature to High.
- After it begins to simmer, turn the lid perpendicularly to let it cook down.
- Stir every hour or two, especially if you did not grease the crock-pot.
- When it gets nice and thick you are done!
For those of you following the Trim Healthy Mama Plan this is an S. I used 1/2 light and 1/2 full fat coconut milk to cut some calories. It is really very lovely. 🙂
Of course this recipe cam about because of my deepest desire to have Magic Cookie Bars that were Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and ON PLAN for Trim Healthy Mama. You can find that recipe here where I guest posted on Intoxicated On Life.
Bless you this Holiday Season!