I don’t know about you but I prefer any dish that I don’t have to think much about. Overnight Soaked Steel Cut Oats fits the bill. Sure, there is a little thinking. A little planning only. But outside of that this simple dish will take no brain space, no energy, just simple and delicious.
Overnight Soaked Steel Cut Oats are unique in that they are soaked to help with digestion and release locked up vitamins ans minerals and they cook overnight, allowing you to wake up without any hindrance to a successful morning. Personally I just love anything that allows my morning to run a little more smoothly.
So what do you have to do to help yourself out? Buy some Organic Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats, get your crock pot out and start the morning before you want to eat them.
The Crock Pot Greased
The Crock Pot Set to Soak
The simple directions follow below:
- 2 cups Organic Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats
- 6+ cups water
- coconut oil to grease the crock pot
- sweetener to taste
- 3 cups berries (optional)
- In the Morning the Day Before;
- Grease the crock pot thoroughly with coconut oil.
- Place steel cut oats and water in the crock pot.
- Leave the lid slightly ajar.
- In the Evening;
- Before you go to bed, turn the crock pot on low.
- When you wake;
- Stir, add the berries, stir again, cover and turn off heat.
- Add sweetener to taste, stir and enjoy!
- I like to make a large batch of this so that I can use the leftovers as a snack or have it for breakfast later in the week. This stores well in the refrigerator or the freezer.
- If you like you oatmeal a little more liquidy, be sure to add an extra cup - cup and a half of water before cooking.
The Oats after Cooking…
Two ways to enjoy. With out dairy and berried up
Or With some Cottage Cheese… A little more protein 🙂
This is so versatile. You can add cinnamon and peaches to make it a little cobbler like. Leave out the berries. Put some chocolate in, yum, yum. That sounds really good. Either way it is a nice way to start the morning off right.
If you are following the Trim Healthy Mama plan this recipe would be considered an E meal (for Energizing).
Now get your crock pot out and start soaking!
Do you use your crock pot to save time in the morning? If so, I would love to hear what you do or see the recipe. Link up of comment below.
Shared with Happy and Blessed Home